Quattro-PCI Powered (PCI 4 port RS-232 Powered)
PCI Bus 16550 Four Port Serial Board
The Quattro-PCI Powered offers an efficient way to utilize PCI slots and system resources while eliminating external cabling and power bricks. The Quattro-PCI Powered adds four 5/12 volt powered serial ports, while using only one system IRQ.
The Quattro-PCI Powered’s four 16550 UART serial ports enable high-speed transfer rates and are ideal for connecting peripherals such as barcode scanners or debit/credit card readers that can draw power on their serial connectors. The Quattro-PCI Powered provides 12 VDC on serial pin 1, and 5 VDC on serial pin 9. The Quattro-PCI Powered can simplify Point-of-Sale (POS) or other installations by eliminating unnecessary power bricks and cabling, and can increase system reliability through reducing the need for separate power supplies for each peripheral.
The Quattro-PCI Powered’s economical use of PCI real estate, IRQs, and COM port resources make it an excellent expansion option for POS system builders!
1 PCI slot
4 powered 9-pin serial ports
Shipping weight: 7.06 oz 200 g
- Adds four powered high-speed 16550 UART serial COM ports to any PCI-equipped PC
- Pin 1: 12 VDC; Pin 9: 5 VDC, max. amperage 1.25 amps per port (polyfused)
- Signal lines: TX, RX, GND, CTS, RTS
- All serial ports support 115.2 kbps throughput rate
- All serial ports share one PCI IRQ
- O/S automatically selects next available IRQ and COM addresses
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Includes LAVA Com Port Redirect Utility for renaming COM Ports in Windows 95/98/Me.
- Allows for backward compatibility with software that supports COM 1-4 only
- LAVA Lifetime Warranty
- Quattro-PCI (PCI 4 port RS-232)
- Quattro-PCI 3.3V (PCI 4 port RS-232, 3.3 volt)
- Quattro-PCI/LP (PCI 4 port RS-232 LP w. cable)
- Quattro-PCIe (PCIe 4 port RS-232)
- LavaPort-Quad (PCI 4 port RS-232, 16650 UART)