LavaPort-PnP (ISA 1 port RS-232 16650 UART, PnP)
ISA Bus 16650 Single Serial Plug and Play Board
The LavaPort-PnP allows users to achieve ultra high-speed transfer rates when connecting their serial peripherals to a PC.
This Plug and Play board does not require any manual IRQ or COM configuration – it is as easy to install as it is to configure.
The LavaPort-PnP is capable of handling transfer rates of up to 460.8 kbps, making it ideal for communicating with ISDN modems, or other high-speed serial peripherals.
The LavaPort-PnP uses the 16650 UART, which has a 32-byte FIFO buffer that allows the CPU to send & receive bursts of data from the port without error. The 16650 UART also has highly efficient interrupt handling, eliminating communication bottlenecks and resulting in smooth, uninterrupted data flow.
1 ISA slot
1 9-pin serial port
Shipping weight: 3.88 oz 110 g
- Adds one ultra high-speed 16650 UART serial port to any Plug and Play capable ISA-equipped PC
- Serial port supports up to 460.8 kbps throughput rate
- Automatic Plug and Play configuration
- Integrated 32-byte FIFO buffer with software configurable Tx/Rx triggers
- LAVA Lifetime Warranty
- SSerial-PCI (PCI 1 port RS-232)
- SSerial-PCI/LP (PCI 1 port RS-232 LP)
- SSerial-PCIe (PCIe 1 port RS-232)
- SSerial-PCIe/LP (PCIe 1 port RS-232 LP)
- SSerial-550 (ISA 1 port RS-232)
- LavaPort-650 (PCI 1 port RS-232 16650 UART)
- LavaPort-ISA (ISA 1 port RS-232 16650 UART)
ALL ABOUT SERIAL