STS: 1-port USB Adapter Board
for Samsung Galaxy Tablets
— Now Available –
Sales Contact: Orest Haluszka or Bob Figol
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Tablet USB Host & Charging Adapter
Designed for commercial/OEM applications, this intelligent adapter makes it possible to not only simultaneously operate your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4/S in host mode and to charge it at the same time, but also provide critical control of OTG modes. These features are useful when installing tablets in kiosks or other commercial applications.
This adapter is designed for robust operation, with more advanced Accessory Charging Adapter (ACA) mode switching, and even more stable tablet charging characteristics than the LAVA TL-002 adapter.
This adapter is not provided with a case.
Samsung Galaxy Tablet (see compatibility list of supported devices)
USB Charger/Power Supply with a Micro USB-B connector, such as the power supply provided with the Galaxy tablet. Any regulated 5 volt power supply capable of at least 2 amperes can be used.
The DC Barrel Jack can be used with a 5-volt regulated power supply. The jack is rated for 3.5 amperes. The jack has a 2 mm center positive pin. The DC Barrel Jack is an option, therefore is not populated on the standard product.
The power supply must never exceed 5.25 volts. Only one of the two power inputs are to be used.
1 x Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable (8″/20 cm)
Note: The custom 8″ cable connects the STS device to the tablet.
1 x Micro USB B port (for OTG Device/Tablet)
1 x USB A port (for USB accessories)
1 x Micro USB B port (for power input)
1 x 2-pin header (to a Charge Mode switch)
1 x 2-pin header (Type jumper)
1 x 3-pin header (Charge Only indicator LED)
1 x 3-pin header (SimulCharge indicator LED)
1 x DC Barrel Power Jack, 2mm center positive pin
Note: The DC Power Jack is not a default option.
Dimensions (board only)
Depth: 1.73 inches (44 mm)
Width: 1.38 inches (35 mm)
Height: 0.59 inches (15 mm)
This adapter allows continuous use of Android-supported USB peripherals such as:
• flash drives
• magstripe readers
• 2D scanner
• biometric readers
• Ethernet adapter (needs tablet firmware support)
• or other devices that operate with USB host mode support.
- • Simultaneous OTG host and charging for Samsung tablets
- • Designed for commercial/OEM use with Galaxy Tablets (see compatibility list of supported devices)
- • Works with out-of-the-box (unrooted) tablets to ensure compliance with Samsung warranty requirements
- • Provides the ability to switch between “SimulCharge” and “Charge Only” modes via a user provided push button switch
- • Use of “Charge Only” mode is available for tablet boot-up and recovery
- • Powered by a standard USB Charger/Power Supply through a Micro USB-A receptacle
- • Can be powered by a USB Battery Pack
- • Prevents power drain from the tablet to USB peripherals in the event of power loss
- • Allows for installing external Charge Mode switches and Charge Mode indicator LEDs
- • 1 x USB 2.0 port
- • Enhanced charging stability
- • LAVA Limited Warranty
- • Use of a stronger power supply than a standard USB Charger via a DC Barrel Jack, for better charging and USB peripheral power budgeting
Note: The white paper refers to the TL002, however the information applies to all LAVA STS Products.
- • Designed for continuous use
- • Enhanced Accessory Charging Adapter (ACA) mode switching
- • Enhanced charging stability
• 1-port USB Adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (consumer)
• 1-port USB Adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (commercial)
• 1-port USB Adapter for Samsung phones (PL-002)
• 2-port USB/LAN Hub for Tab 4/S/Pro
• 2-port USB/LAN/PoE Hub for Tab 4/S/Pro
• 3-port USB Hub for Tab 4/S/Pro
• USB LAN adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro
• USB LAN adapter with PoE for Tab 4/S/Pro
• PoE to 2 x USB power, LAN hub for iPad, Android
• Samsung Tab 4 Mini-Kiosk