STS-P2UE: 2-port USB Hub & Ethernet Adapter with PoE
for Samsung Galaxy Tablets
— Now Available —
Sales Contact: Orest Haluszka or Bob Figol
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Tablet PoE USB/Ethernet Hub
The STS-P2UE adapter provides wired Power over Ethernet connectivity and simultaneous charging (SimulCharge) capability for select Samsung tablets. This adapter includes two USB 2.0 (A-Type) ports for connecting two additional peripherals. LAVA’s SimulCharge technology allows the tablet to operate as a USB Host while continuously charging the battery.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) allows network data and electrical power to be carried over a Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for an electrician to install a dedicated power drop. PoE allows the Samsung tablet and STS-P2UE to be placed up to 328 feet (100 meters) from its power source.
The STS-P2UE provides superior tablet charging by converting the PoE signal to 5.2 volts for use by the tablet. This eliminates the issues associated with using the tablets original power charger.
Standard USB OTG Adapters do not allow the tablet to be charged while operating with USB accessories. This intelligent adapter is designed for robust operation allowing rapid switching between SimulCharge and Charge-Only mode.
The LAVA product can be switched into Charge-Only mode to rapidly replenish the battery in the same manner as USB Charger with a Direct Charge Port (DCP) as defined by the USB Battery Charging specification v1.2.
The STS-P2UE can be used on its own, or as part of a third-party enclosure solution, supporting a variety of kiosk-type applications.
Samsung Galaxy Tab (see compatibility list of supported devices)
Power is provided over the RJ45 LAN connector from a PoE enabled Network Switch. The PoE interface provides up to 10.4 watts of power for the STS-P2UE and tablet charging.
The Aux. 5V Input can optionally be used to power the STS-P2UE when no PoE is applied over the RJ45 LAN Connector. This power option is present for initial testing prior to enabling PoE. A standard USB Charger/Power Supply is used, such as that provided with the tablet. The power supply must not exceed 5.25 volts.
1 x Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable (3.3ft/1m)
Note: The custom 3.3ft/1m cable connects the device to the tablet. This cable may not be be extended.
1 x RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port (for PoE & LAN)
2 x USB A port (for USB 2.0 accessories)
1 x Micro USB B port (for Tablet connection)
1 x Micro USB B port (the Aux. 5V input)
1 x Push Button (Charge mode switch)
1 x Charge Only indicator LED
1 x SimulCharge indicator LED
1 x Ethernet Link indicator LED
1 x Tablet USB indicator LED
1 x Specialty port (for extended hub-to-tablet cable)
1 x 2-pin header (to optional Charge Mode switch)
1 x 2-pin header (Type jumper)
1 x 3-pin header (Charge Only indicator LED)
1 x 3-pin header (SimulCharge indicator LED)
Note: The OEM Connectors are not available on the standard product.
Depth: 5.1 inches (129 mm)
Width: 3.8 inches (97 mm)
Height: 1.7 inches (44 mm) – with standoffs
Weight: 8.9 oz (shipping)
Weight: 5.9 oz (device only)
- • Designed for select Samsung Tablets
- • USB Host operation while charging
- • 10/100 Ethernet
- • 2 USB 2.0 ports
- • USB-A receptacles can connect to USB Hubs
- • Power over Ethernet (Class 0)
- • Up to 100m (328 ft) from power source
- • PoE provide 5.2 volts internal
- • Can use original charger for initial testing
- • 3.3 foot (1 meter) tablet connection cable
- • Convenient charge mode switch
- • Charge mode status indicator lights
- • Network and USB activity lights
- • Enhanced charging stability
- • No tablet rooting required
Optional features for OEM applications
- • Cable and connector option for hub to tablet connection of up to 3 meters (10 feet)
- • Ability to use external Charge Mode switch and Charge Mode indicator LEDs
Note: The white paper refers to the TL002, however the information applies to all LAVA STS Products.
- • Designed for continuous use
- • Enhanced charge mode switching
- • Enhanced charging stability
• 1-port USB board for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS)
• 1-port USB adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (TL-002)
• 1-port USB adapter for Samsung phones (PL-002)
• 2-port USB/LAN hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-2UE)
• 3-port USB hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-3U)
• LAN hub/adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-E)
• LAN with PoE hub/adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-PE)
• PoE to 2 x USB power, LAN hub for iPad, Android
• Samsung Tab 4 Mini-Kiosk
• Customer Facing Devices (CFDs) with scanners, card readers, etc.
• VOIP intercom system using wired Ethernet
• Taxi-cab systems (card readers)
• Point of Sale systems with peripherals (scanners, readers, printers)
• Point of Sale systems with wired Ethernet
• and many more