PoE-PD: Power & Data Tap with 2 USB Chargers and LAN connector
— Now available for testing –
Sales Contact: Orest Haluszka or Bob Figol
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
PoE Power & Data Tap
The PoE-PD splits power and network data from the PoE interface. This eliminates the need for AC wall plugs near the powered equipment. As such the PoE-PD eliminates the need to install new AC power outlets and the costs associated with such installations.
The network data is passed through to a conventional RJ45 network connector.
The PoE-PD becomes a 5 Volt DC regulated power supply capable of providing up to 2.0 amperes to a pair of USB A receptacles. The USB receptacles can be used to power a USB peripheral or charge a tablet. The USB receptacles provide power only.
The USB A receptacles operate as USB Chargers with a Direct Charge Port, as defined by the USB Battery Charging specification r1.2.
The USB receptacles can optionally be configured to operate as an iPhone/iPad charger, via standard internal jumpers.
This PoE-PD allows a PoE network to supply power to non-PoE peripherals. Applications include:
• magstripe readers
• kiosks and tablets
• security cameras
• POS scanners
• biometric readers
- • Power over Ethernet (Class 0)
- • Available power wherever LAN cable can be run
- • Can supply power for any USB peripheral
- • Transforms PoE to 5VDC regulated power supply
- • Up to 2.0 amperes to share between devices
- • Simultaneously provides Ethernet pass-through
- • LAVA Limited Warranty
2 x USB A port (power output only: 5 VDC at 2.0A)
1 x RJ45 LAN port (to wired Ethernet connection)
1 x RJ45 LAN port (to PoE Network Switch)
2 x 6-pin Charger Configuration jumpers (internal)
Depth: 3.3 inches (83 mm)
Width: 3.8 inches (97 mm)
Height: 1.7 inches (44 mm) – with standoffs
Weight: 6.8 oz (192 g) – shipping
Weight: 4.3 oz (122 g) – device only
Note: Power is shared between devices attached to PoE-PD power receptacles, therefore the combined current draw must not exceed 2.0 amperes.
Note: Under no-load the power supply voltage can be up to 5.25 volts, which conforms to USB specifications.
- • Designed for commercial use
• PoE-PD Installation Guide
• 1-port USB board for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS)
• 1-port USB adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (TL-002)
• 1-port USB adapter for Samsung phones (PL-002)
• 2-port USB/LAN hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-2UE)
• 2-port USB/LAN with PoE hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-P2UE)
• 3-port USB hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-3U)
• LAN hub/adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-E)
• LAN with PoE hub/adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-PE)
• Samsung Tab 4 Mini-Kiosk