STS-E: USB Ethernet Adapter
for Samsung Galaxy Tablets
— Now Available —
Sales Contact: Orest Haluszka or Bob Figol
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Tablet USB Ethernet Adapter
The STS-E adapter provides wired Ethernet connectivity and simultaneous charging capability (SimulCharge) for select Samsung tablets. LAVA’s SimulCharge technology allows the tablet to operate as a USB Host while continuously charging the battery.
Standard USB OTG Adapters do not allow the tablet to be charged while operating with USB accessories. This intelligent adapter is designed for robust operation allowing rapid switching between SimulCharge and Charge-Only mode.
The LAVA product can be switched into Charge-Only mode to rapidly replenish the battery in the same manner as USB Charger with a Direct Charge Port (DCP) as defined by the USB Battery Charging specification v1.2.
The STS-E can be used on its own, or as part of a third-party enclosure solution, supporting a variety of kiosk-type applications.
Samsung Galaxy Tab (see compatibility list of supported devices)
USB Charger/Power Supply with a Micro USB-B connector, such as the power supply provided with the Galaxy tablet. Any regulated 5 volt power supply capable of at least 2 amperes can be used.
1 x Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable (3.3ft/1m)
Note: The custom 3.3ft/1m cable connects the device to the tablet. This cable may not be be extended.
1 x RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port (for LAN)
1 x Micro USB B port (Tablet connection)
1 x Micro USB B port (Power input)
1 x Push Button (Charge mode switch)
1 x Charge-Only indicator LED
1 x SimulCharge indicator LED
1 x Ethernet Link indicator LED
1 x Tablet USB indicator LED
1 x 2-pin header (to optional Charge Mode switch)
1 x 2-pin header (Type jumper)
1 x 3-pin header (Charge Only indicator LED)
1 x 3-pin header (SimulCharge indicator LED)
Note: The OEM Connectors are not available on the standard product.
Depth: 3.3 inches (83 mm)
Width: 3.8 inches (97 mm)
Height: 1.7 inches (44 mm) – with standoffs
Weight: 7.0 oz (shipping)
Weight: 4.0 oz (device only)
- • Designed for select Samsung Tablets
- • USB Host operation while charging
- • 10/100 Ethernet
- • Works with tablet’s original charger
- • Can operate with any 5 volt supply
- • Works with external USB battery packs
- • 3.3 foot (1 meter) tablet connection cable
- • Convenient charge mode switch
- • Charge mode status indicator lights
- • Network and USB activity lights
- • Enhanced charging stability
- • No tablet rooting required
Note: The white paper refers to the TL002, however the information applies to all LAVA STS Products.
• 1-port USB board for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS)
• 1-port USB adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (TL-002)
• 1-port USB adapter for Samsung phones (PL-002)
• 2-port USB/LAN hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-2UE)
• 2-port USB/LAN with PoE hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-P2UE)
• 3-port USB hub for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-3U)
• LAN with PoE hub/adapter for Tab 4/S/Pro (STS-PE)
• PoE to 2 x USB power, LAN hub for iPad, Android
• Samsung Tab 4 Mini-Kiosk
• Conference room door devices
• Time & attendance devices
• Customer Facing Devices (CFDs) with scanners, card readers, etc.
• VOIP intercom system using wired Ethernet
• Taxi-cab systems (connection to cellular router)
• Tablet-based industrial displays
• Point of Sale systems requiring wired Ethernet
• and many more